A Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) is a company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 engaged in the business of loans and advances, acquisition of shares/stocks/bonds/debentures/securities issued by Government or local authority or other marketable securities of a like nature, leasing, hire-purchase, insurance business, chit business but does not include any institution whose principal business is that of agriculture activity, industrial activity, purchase or sale of any goods (other than securities) or providing any services and sale/purchase/construction of immovable property. these are financial institutions that offer various banking services, but do not have a banking license. NBFCs can offer banking services such as loans and credit facilities, retirement planning, money markets, underwriting and merger activities.
1. Registration related requirements
- Minimum One Director should have experience of NBFC or Banking
- CIBIL Record should be OK for all Directors and Shareholders.
- Net worth Certificate of Shareholders/ Directors certified by CA
- Name of Statutory Auditor with Address, Membership No. Firm Registration No. PAN
- PAN, Aadhaar Card, ITR for last 3 years for all Directors and Shareholders
- Details of Bank with Address, Phone No., email id
- Self-attested copy of Certificate of Educational Qualification of all the Directors from Secondary, Graduate, Post-graduate or any other qualification
- Certificate of Experience of the Director having Financial Services background.
- CIBIL Report with Credit Score of all the Directors/ Shareholders
- The Financial Statements alongwith Audit Report of the Company/ LLP/ Partnership Firm/ Proprietorship Firm of last 3 Financial Year in which Director are interested. PAN Card of these firms, List of Directors/Partner/Proprietor and Shareholders.
2. Compliance Management
- Corporate Law Compliance
- RBI Returns
- Credit information organisation
- Charge Registrations
3. Specific services
- Business setup advisory
- Form and Agreement designing
- Change of management approvals
- Due Diligence
- Search Reports
4. Fund Raising
- Private Equity and Debt
5. Business Management
- Back office services
- Management services